I find it quite sad when I read a wedding magazine and am told the average UK wedding costs over £30,000 I don't know anyone who has spent that much on a wedding and I don't know anyone who will. This is what we're told though from valuable sources such as Brides magazine and You&Your Wedding so why wouldn't it be true? When Sam and I first got engaged after going to the wedding fayres and reading the magazines we planned to have our wedding in 2014 even though we wanted it sooner because we thought we wouldn't be able to reach a 2013 target. After a lot research into venues&vendors we realised though that we could definitely have a 2013 wedding and make it the wedding of the year without spending a million bucks! So even though my wedding process isn't quite over yet (I'm secretly dreading the day that it is) I thought I'd share with you ways that we have saved money so far.
You don't have to invite the world AND his brother. It's perfectly acceptable not to invite your guests other halves if you don't know them. This is what we've done and no ones grumbled so far!
1. Wedding dress - Every little girl has dreamt of this dress, let her relish it!
2. Honeymoon - Make the most of that newly married bliss before you have to go back to normal life
3. Photography - You want your memories to last well in beautiful photos
4. Venue - It's your time to hold the party of your lifetime, you have to make sure it's in a venue ready for such a party!
5. Rings - Your rings are the one part which are going to be with you always (as long as you don't lose them!)
6. Transport - Sam has a major love for classic cars so if it's important to him, it's important to me
7. Entertainment - You want everyone to have fun at the party of the century, right?
8. Wedding cake - It's traditional, make it yummy
9. Guests - Make sure all your special people are there to share the special day with you
10. Ceremony - The pre-party venue has to be just as fabulous as the party venue!
I hope you enjoyed this and that for any other bride to be's it may be helpful. I would appreciate any of your helpful comments, advice from people who have been there and done that is so valuable! Like I said at the beginning, check out the MoneySupermarket competition here!