Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Margot Pyjama Bottoms

I just love the name Margot, don't you?! I also just love these pyjama bottoms. I thought it would be really difficult and was surprised that they were the second project in Love at First Stitch. I was happily surprised, though! These were the outcome of two afternoon's work which is record timing for me. (The stripes mess with your eyes in the photos and there is a lot of evidence that someone has been lounging in them due to all the creases, whoops)


Why am I leaning forward like this?! Haha



There were a couple of gripes I had though. Firstly, I seemed to have an issue with sizing when I pinned my trouser legs together - as you can see in the photo. Not sure what happened but I managed to fix it.



Secondly, when I sewed a rectangle around the drawstring opening I seemed to manage to sew through two pieces of fabric so that my drawstring wouldn't thread through. I didn't realise until I had finished the waistband so I had to just unpick the enforcement and leave it without - As I didn't fancy unpicking the whole waistband for such a little mistake! Does anyone have any tips to prevent this happening next time? The waist is too large for me so when I wear them I have to really tighten the drawstring so I worry about it coming undone.



I am pleasantly surprised at the overcome overall, it's so nice to have something in my wardrobe handmade by myself that I can actually get use out of regularly. Next stop, something I can wear outside of the house!





1 comment:

  1. Those look really comfy, trousers terrify me!

    www.calascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing some love, I look forward to replying to you!

Blog Archive